Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Giclee Prints

For Aussie artists, I hope the following post that I wrote on the foliotwist forum is interesting and can spark a discussion of this procedure.


Don't know much about the US, but in Oz, we have a lot of print shops even in small regional towns that have 2mX2m giclee prints machines.
However, I feel that the first part of this process, ie that the digital image of your artwork is so critical. The common method is to use a professional photographer, but the Sydney giclee shop recommends that you use a large scale flat bed scanner and they are the only ones with the biggest in the southern hemisphere. Then comes the giclee prints and any of the 2mX2m large format giclee printer will do a good job of printing it on canvas usually on a good quality 100% cotton rag.
Good info, I hope?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sorry Dan, I have mislead you, flat-bedding scanning is already old technology. I met a corporate photographer in Torquay, who told me of HD res digital series imaging which is the latest for large format giclee printing.
checkout http://www.digitalmasters.com.au/Scanning_Paintings.html

regards